My friend Jill from NotSoSoccerMom (http://notsosoccermom.com/blog/) tagged me in her post and I thought this was a great idea. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did!
Let’s all play a game and showcase some other cool blogs in the bargain. Here’s how it works:
1. READERS: post your answers in the comments section
2. BLOGGERS: Tag 5 other blogs by posting links to their blogs and let them know. Create your own questions and pass it on!!!
I’m also going to suggest that we tag the original blog that tagged you so that person can see your answers too!!!
I loved Jill’s questions so much that I have borrowed a few of hers and added a few of my own!!
1. What is your secret skill? I can recite all 50 states in alphabetical order in under a minute. Actually I can sing it. Since I was in 5th grade. Won MANY a cocktail in bars betting on this!!
2. Besides your family and your children, what is the material thing you cherish the most? I still have a few emails that my dad sent me – words of encouragement and how proud he was that I was his daughter – from before he died. I keep them in my email on my phone so I can read them when I am down. And I have a necklace that my grandparents gave to me for Christmas when I was 12.
3. If you had to pick our next President out of people you know IN PERSON, who would it be? I think I would pick Dr. Cathy Subber. She runs TWO businesses – Advanced Health of Naperville & Cafe N Play – is the owner of the Naperville Moms Network, is a member of many other organization in our community AND is a single mom of 2 boys. Her spirit is infectious, she is warm and welcoming, and everyone I know loves her to pieces. She could totally run the country!!!!
4. What does your phone case look like? I have a two tone pink case for my iPhone but can’t WAIT for a NotSoSoccerMomRadio one!!!
5. Favorite beauty trick? Baby oil to remove my eye makeup (after I take out my contacts). Been using it since I was 16. Tried all other types of make-up removers and nothing works better than a $2.00 bottle of generic baby oil from Target.
6. Best recipe I have? Totally made this up (which is huge since everyone that knows me KNOWS that I don’t really cook!) Buy Carnitas meat from Trader Joe’s (pre made) and microwave. Mix with cooked scrambled eggs (that have shredded cheese in them). Place on a toasted tortilla, add avocado (if preferred), roll and eat! One of my kids favorites and I love it too!
7. Give a shout-out to someone who supports you. Thanks to the moms of the Naperville Moms Network. They are the most amazing group of women who’s only goal is to collaborate and lift up – never to tear down. Thank you to Kim Pirrella who is one of the most positive, encouraging, and motivational women I have ever met. She never hesitates to tell me that I CAN DO IT! A special thanks to my better half who puts up with my shenanigans and craziness, is my sounding board in the year of “doing things that scare me”, and is always holding my hand when I jump!
Here’s my 5 other bloggers that I’m tagging! Get to it and HAVE FUN!