Do you consign? Do you shop at consignment stores? I do, and I have found that it is not only a great way to SAVE money on clothes and accessories but an even better way to MAKE money from items that are no longer the right size or are no longer being used.
|Courtesy of Rhea Lana’s West Chicagoland|
Rhea Lana’s of West Chicagoland is hosting a 5 Day, Children’s Consignment Event that will draw thousands of buyers and sellers, as well as benefit local Chicago area non-profits. Founded by Rhea Lana Riner in her living room 15 years ago and headquartered in Conway, Arkansas, Rhea Lana’s Children’s Consignment hosts semi-annual sales though 60 franchise operations in 20 states. The company is the first consignment sale in the country to offer on-line management and real time tracking of merchandise through a computerized inventory system. They specialize in name-brand and boutique-brand children’s and maternity clothing, high quality toys, as well as baby equipment and furniture. The West Chicagoland Rhea Lana’s Fall Event will conclude with the donation of thousands of items to Family Shelter Services of DuPage County, CareNet Pregnancy Services of DuPage and Project Gabriel.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
- They are currently accepting Fall and Winter clothing in boys sizes 0-18, girls sizes 0-16 and junior sizes 1-11, as well as maternity clothing, toys, furniture, books, shoes, baby equipment and more!
- As a Consignor, you can earn 70-80%!
- Volunteers, Consignors and Moms-To-Be get to shop before the public to get the best deals first!
- These are some of their most popular brands: Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, Justice, Limited Too, Janie and Jack, Hollister, American Eagle, Gap, Baby Lulu, Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, Cottontail Original, Pepper Toes, Anavini, Lucky Jeans, Amanda Remembered and Cach Cach.
- Their most popular toys are Little Tikes outdoor playgrounds, racing car beds, kitchens, dollhouses, tool benches, Barbie Jeeps, wooden train sets, and American Girl Dolls and accessories.
- They accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard and Debit cards at their sale.
Sunday, September 23, 10:00am – 7:00pm
Monday, September 24, 10:00am – 9:00pm
Tuesday, September 25, 10:00am – 4:00pm
HALF PRICE SALE:
Wednesday, September 26, 10:00am – 9:00pm
Thursday, September 27, 10:00am – 4:00pm
VILLA OAKS SHOPPING CENTER
218 W. Roosevelt Road (Next to Tuesday Morning)
Villa Park, Illinois
Franchise owners Christine DeGraf and Heidi DeGraf would love to have you as a Shopper, Consignor, Volunteer . . . or all three!
Please check out their website Rhea Lana’s of West Chicagoland, their Facebook page RheaLanaWC, and follow them on Twitter at @RheaLanasWC for detailed information and step-by step instructions on how you can become a Consignor (I’ve already got my tags and hangers!), as well as anything else you could possibly need to know about volunteering or shopping to your hearts content! And as a special bonus to my blog readers, Rhea Lana’s of West Chicagoland is offering a $5 off a $30 purchase (which in a consignment sale can go a LONG way) during the Tuesday, September 25th sale day. WooHoo!
If you live outside of the Chicagoland area, check out the Rhea Lana’s corporate website for franchises in your area that are hosting sales. Happy Consigning!!
Disclosure: In exchange for writing this blog post, Rhea Lana’s West Chicagoland is allowing me to shop during their media event before the main sale begins. I am also participating as a Consignor, and will be compensated as any other consignor would be. (I’m excited to watch my sales in real time online!)
Don’t forget to LIKE our Facebook page at Me, Myself and Jen