I was reminded today of how awesome bloggers are. How each day there are more and more people who hear our voices. We are being looked at as not just a bunch of stay at home moms, sitting in front of the computer playing on a “hobby”, but as strong and powerful women that have a voice and perspective that is vital to our society. Maybe it’s been this way for quite a while and I’m just noticing it because I’m still a “new” blogger (just over a year). Whichever the case, I LOVE IT! I am thrilled to know such amazing and thought-provoking women (and men) that are doing really cool things with their time.
So my #NaBloPoMo post of the day is an ode to some of my favorite bloggers. A few are new bloggers that I’ve just met. Some are friends that I really admire. All are amazing people whose blogs should be subscribing to and getting in your in-box as soon as they publish something! So in no particular order:
2. This Full House: The adventures of Liz, her husband Garth (not his real name) and their very cool and hip kids who live on the East Coast always make me snort with laughter.
3. The Martha Project: Wanna craft something? She’s done it. Thinking about baking? Yep, she can do that too. Oh and how about out-of-the-box decorating ideas for Halloween? She’s the Mistress of Halloween – right down to a faux cemetery with a headstone naming contest every year. Her blunt words on parenting are pretty incredible too. She’s completely twisted and brilliant, all rolled in to a stunning package!
4. Rae Lewis Thornton: Her blog “Diva Living with AIDS” is incredibly moving, honest, spiritual and balls-out all at the same time. Her honesty is jarring at times, but always REAL. I love how she has turned her life in to a mission to educate and uplift those around her.
5. Mocha Dad: There aren’t many men that blog, and Fred has a great perspective on family, parenting and marriage.
6. Journey of 1000 Stitches: Brandi’s struggle with breast cancer and how it’s affected her family has been chronicled in her blog. But it’s so much more than that!
7. A Grace Full Life: Kari’s perspective on everything from crafts, decorating her house, movies that she should have seen but hasn’t and trying to have a date night that doesn’t include a Target run are written with humor and a sarcastic spin that I absolutely adore. Plus she shares my obsession for Housewives and Aaron Sorkin.
I’d love to know who your favorite, must-read bloggers are. Please share!